Sunday, August 20, 2006

Mainstream Nonconformity and Lessons Learned

You Are 60% Normal



Otherwise known as the normal amount of normal

You're like most people most of the time

But you've got those quirks that make you endearing

You're unique, yes... but not frighteningly so!

Whew! That's a relief. I was hoping I wasn't going to have to change the name of this blog to just another bug.
A and I went to see Accepted on Friday night. It was pretty funny if you like teen movies. I do but some people act all artistically superior and only admit to liking epic motion pictures. I guess I just feel that each genre has it's place. As with most teen movies, this one had a moral. Learning doesn't have to take place within the confines of the traditional educational system that cares more about conformity and protocols. One thing that I've learned is that if you have to go pee after consuming a large volume of pop while you were enjoying your movie then you shouldn't wait until you get home to take care of the situation. I learned this lesson the hard way.
One evening not so long ago, I exited the theatre with the knowledge that my bladder had reached it's capacity. "I'll just wait 'till I get home," I thought to myself. This would prove not to be one of the best decisions I've made. During the 20 minute drive home the situation grew steadily worse. I was ready at a moments notice to pull off to the side. I live in a rural area so there would have been no problem finding a bush to hide behind. I kept going and my muscles kept tightening. By the time I reached home I was in considerable pain. I rushed to the bathroom eagerly anticipating the sweet relief that comes with emptying a full bladder. To my dismay the pain actually got worse. I'm not sure if the muscles had contracted for so long that they were cramped but they didn't seem to want to release. I haven't felt that much pain in a while. I had to sit down doubled over on the toilet. I just hope there was no permanent damage. Needless to say I've learned my lesson. Save yourself the trouble and take my advice on this one. If you need to go then go. Even if you don't like using the crowded public washrooms at the movie theatre.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matty said...

Thanks for the comment. I actually go by Matthew or Matt in everyday life but there seemed to be several already around on the comments sections of other blogs. You can call me whatever you want though as long as it isn't too derogatory.

8/23/06, 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home