Saturday, October 14, 2006

Lemons and Candy

Nothing much to report as evidenced by the lack of posting. I had a couple more interviews this week but I'm still waiting to hear back from them. My university transcript is coming back to haunt me. I'm not very competitive by nature so I never strove to have the highest marks. I enjoy learning new things and if I got it then I got a good mark if not then my mark was just so so. I also vehemently despise writing essays. I can't seem to pick up the skill of bullshitting. I can see how in the arts there might be some room to express an opinion and contribute something new in an essay. In accounting this isn't the case so most of my essays were pretty much just collecting several acedemic works on a particular topic, putting their thoughts into my words, and avoiding plagerism. I viewed this exercise as a complete waste of my time and as a result there were several term papers that didn't get passed in. So now I'm suffering the consequences of my apathetic approach to my studies. If my potential employers would just call my past employers they would know that I really am a hard worker. If I'm working on a file for a client then I'm going to give 100%. If I'm writing a paper for school that only affects me then 70-80% is good enough. Anyways that's enough self pity and ranting for now. I can't really complain about having to make lemonade out of lemons when I caused the lemons in the first place.
I went to my cousin's diving lesson again. It gets me out of the house and I find the pool relaxing. Now that Fall is well underway the various programs at the pool are also in full swing. There was a swim meet today and there were more advanced divers practicing as well. This means lots of eye candy of course.

The other week when I was out with the boys someone asked me what my type was while we were watching all the eyeliner and purses walk by. I don't really know if I have a specific type. I just know it when I see it. I think at the time though I said jocky. I think I could probably narrow that down to swimmer's build. Muscle is all well and good but when you see a guy with huge arms and super cut abs don't you usually think even just a little bit that he's full of himself? Swimmers just look healthy. Divers have the swimmers build plus they're flexible.

I'm seriously thinking of taking up diving. They have adult classes for beginners at the pool where my cousin goes. I've always wanted to do something acrobatic like gymnastics, trampoline, or diving. It would also be good exercise. I get too bored just working out so I never do. This would be a way for me to get some physical activity. I'm always telling myself that it's too late to start something but I think for once in my life I need to forget about the excuses and just go for it. If I don't do it soon then it really will be too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home