Monday, September 25, 2006

I guess I should...

...probably update this thing from time to time. I'm more of a reader than a writer and I'm also more of a listener than a talker.

I had an interview today with a large accounting firm. I almost didn't want to blog about it in case I jinx it or something but I think it went pretty well. I seemed to have the right combination of experience, personality and career goals that they are looking for. By the end of the interview the manager that I would be working for was using language like "when" I start not "if" I start so hopefully that's a good sign. If all goes well I'll soon be able to join the many other bloggers out there and blog about what an awful day at work I had.

On a more exciting note, I got to meet Jeff on Sunday for brunch (it was more lunch time by the time we got a seat). He took me to a place called Nellie's Kitchen. The food was good but I wouldn't exactly say it was nelly. Actually there was a good mix of clientele. Afterwards he showed me around a bit of downtown. The Gayway (Safeway where all the gays shop), the park to avoid after dark so as not to be propositioned, the gay dance club, a Chintz and Things (or something like that) store that wasn't chintzy. He was going to introduce me to his friend Curtis but he wasn't home (or didn't answer the door). Oh well, his loss. He'll just have to wait to meet me.

This is my second week in Calgary and for the most part I haven't been feeling homesick. Jeff had mentioned that his friend Reid had recently visited the Maritimes so I was checking out his blog and saw his pictures from Halifax and PEI. That kind of made me miss home a bit. One of my friends is related to the guy with the big beard on the North Rustico post cards. On top of this my Mom sent me pictures of my nephews. Now I can't wait to go home for Christmas. Hopefully my older nephew hasn't forgotten me.

3 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

Welcome to Calgary Matt! We look forward to meeting you. Don't be scared - some of the clan might come across as a bit insane, but they're perfectly harmless. I am not including myself in that generalization....

You should be able to find work soon. Everyone is desperate for good help.

9/26/06, 5:44 PM  
Blogger jetboy747 said...

Welcome to Calgary Matt! Why, when insanity is mentioned, do I always think people are talking about me?

Chintz & Company? Nice.

Cheers,
Kelly.

9/26/06, 8:51 PM  
Blogger Matty said...

I look forward to meeting the clan although calling it "the clan" makes it seem a little intimidating. There aren't any initiation rituals I hope. Reid, did you mean that you don't seem insane but you are dangerous? Just kidding. Kelly, don't worry your name wasn't mentioned in cunjunction with anything sketchy unless you like to hang out in that park downtown.

9/26/06, 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home