Saturday, September 02, 2006

Road Trip Preparations

In preparation for my cross Canada trek I picked up a Stompin’ Tom CD. For those of you not familiar with him, he is very Canadian. I figured I couldn’t make a road trip across Canada without one of his CD’s. I remember listening to him on one of my Dad’s old records when I was a kid. I thought I might give you a sample of some songs and send some shout outs at the same time.

The first one is Rubberhead for Atari (and anybody else dealing with a breakup). I hope you can find someone that appreciates you and I know I only have your side of the story but I think Mark (John) is a boob.

The second one goes out to Donnie from Idaho. We grow potatoes here too. In northern New Brunswick schools go back early and then take a break for the potato harvest. This song is about PEI potatoes and a trucker named Bud The Spud. I’ll be driving part of the same route as him.

Next is Jeff. Every now and then he talks about feeling down. Jeff, thanks for the info on Calgary. I hope this helps some. Shakin’ The Blues

And last but not least is the infamous Darin. Thanks for telling me what I needed to post audio. Now you can all go crazy like my by listening to these songs over and over again for five days. Stompin’ Tom didn’t have any songs about Phoenix so this is what I came up with. Polka Playin’ Henry is a bit like Darin cause he likes to entertain and he’s good at it.

So now that I have my travelin’ music I should probably get back to packing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darin said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

9/4/06, 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home