Saturday, September 09, 2006

Final Get Togethers

Ann planned a little "surprise" farewell gathering for me tonight. I used quotes because she's not very good at the surprise part. Last Sunday I apparently said something that made her think I had overheard her talking about it. "Did you hear me talking to your sister?" she asked. I hadn't but I wondered why she cared if I had heard. The only reason they'd be talking secretly is if they were planning something. Then she told me not to make plans for Saturday night. Hmmm. Anyways, I was right. Ann, Mom, my sister and brother in law and two nephews, and several friends took me to Vito's. It's a pretty good restaurant owned by a local Greek family.

I got some Tim Horton's money and an Esso giftcard for my trip from two of my friends. It was supposed to be best wishes only so technically it was from their dog. They are two sisters that live together and I dogsit their yorkie, Caleb, when they go on vacation. I guess I've ruined their vacation plans. They said they'll have to go to Florida separately now.

After dinner we went back to another friend's house and played scatergories. One round the letter was P and two of the catergories were magazines and things you keep hidden. What comes to your mind? All in all it was a fun evening but it's starting to hit me that I'm really leaving. I know I'll be back for visits but I couldn't help thinking that I might not eat at Vito's again or go to my friend's house. Only two more sleeps and then I hit the road. Next week I'll be blogging from Calgary (providing I have internet access).

2 Comments:

Blogger Darin said...

Warning: Hanging out with Jeff Skybar can be very addicting and habit forming.

Trust me - it's personal experience talking.

9/13/06, 12:47 AM  
Blogger Matty said...

Are you saying Jeff has an addictive personality?

9/13/06, 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home