Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Acceptance???

Hmm? I haven't really talked very much about the whole gay thing with my Mom since I told her about a month and a half ago. My parents had a discussion with me when my Dad was home at the first of August but not much more since then. We've been focusing on the plans for me to move to Calgary so I can get a job and stop mooching off of them.

I know where their official stance still is but part of me wonders if Mom isn't getting used to the whole idea or at the very least she's not dwelling on it every second of the day. Let me explain my thinking. Mom went to get groceries today. When she got home I was watching Big Brother. Now Mom doesn't usually watch "such nonesense" but she was tired after shopping so she sat down on the couch. The show happenned to be showing some clips of Will because he was evicted (hee hee oops. Sorry if I just spoiled anything [he said with an impish grin]) and out of the blue Mom says "He's not bad looking". I acted shocked because we just don't talk about that stuff in our family and would she say that if Dad were home? So the reason I'm thinking that she's not dwelling on the whole gay thing is because if she was I think she would avoid pointing out good looking guys to me. Thoughts?

That was the first thing. After the show we started putting away the groceries and she was showing me the snacks she got me for my trip. There was some crackers, snack mix, apple sauce, bottled water, AND Quaker Chewy Dipps Reduced Sugar RAINBOW Chips Bars. Thats right. RAINBOW chips. Coincidence? Je pense que non. I'm sure it wasn't intentional but can we say Freudian slip?

I guess I'll just have to wait and see how this all plays out. Only time will tell but I'll be sure to enjoy my reduced sugar rainbow chip bars in the mean time.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, I don't really think Will's that attractive. For me personality affects how I see someone and he has a whole sleeze factor thing going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home