Wednesday, December 20, 2006

See you in the New Year.

My bags are packed and I leave after work tomorrow for the east coast so I'll see you in the New Year.


Actually that might not be true. If you're here in Calgary I'll technically be back before New Years. If you're in the blogosphere then you might hear from me before New Years as well. My parents have wireless so I can safely blog from the comfort of my bedroom. It will just depend on wether I feel like it or not.



I had kind of hinted in previous posts that I was dealing with something and that I might blog about it. It's not really a huge deal but I've been having mixed feelings about going home for Christmas. I'm feeling some anxiety wondering if my parents are going to want to talk about the whole "gay thing". I'm hoping that we'll be too busy with family and visiting. My siblings don't know yet so my parents won't want to talk about it when they're around so that's kind of a good thing.



At the same time, I'm excited to see my nephews. This was taken last Christmas.





I used to hold the title of favourite uncle. Now I hope he remembers me. This year should be fun because he's more aware of things and can get excited. He turned two Yesterday.


He also has a little brother this year. He was only a month old when I moved so it will be interesting to see how he's grown and how his personality is developing.


Merry Christams everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

If your experience is anything like mine with conservative parents, Matt, they'll most likely breeze over the subject. And don't expect them to tell your siblings either. You'll be the one left to do all the legwork, if you so desire. Of course, your parents may react completely different than mine did, but I think there's some predictable behaviours you can watch out for. Your folks will go through phases much like mourning the loss of someone, but eventually they will grow to accept it, and eventually they may even embrace your gayness! I know my parents had a hard slog of it and it felt like it was taking them forever to work through phases, but they're okay with it now and have grown to like Joe too! I hope things work out the same with your family as well. Just remain stoic and intelligent in your responses, and try not to let emotions dictate things you might say that you might regret later.

Anyways, my two cents. Have a great trip and see you at New Years!

12/21/06, 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home