Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Busy Busy Busy

Has it really been a week since I last posted? Eegads! I'm starting to understand why so many people complain about not having any time to do anything. I'm definitely going to have to get used to being on someone else's time during the day. Now that we're in November, it's dark when I leave for work and it's dark when I get home from work. With having to get up early to catch the express bus downtown, I can't really afford to stay up too late so there isn't much time to get stuff done in the evenings either. I managed to get half my laundry through tonight. I usually do it on the weekend but I was out all weekend. Saturday I had some employment testing for a government job (I wrote the test even though I had gotten a job already. I can use it as a backup plan.) first thing in the morning. After that I wandered around Chinook mall trying but failing to window shop (I got some business casual stuff at Gap for work). I went with my Uncle and family for supper at a steakhouse and then I met up with the gang at Curtis's. Sunday I hung out with my other cousins for most of the day.
My evenings have been filled with apartment hunting and babysitting (just Tuesday night). I was supposed to go look at a place tonight but we had a freak snow storm and I wasn't going anywhere. One guy that got on the bus literally had an inch of snow sitting on top of his head. If he had of been there much longer he probably would have looked like a snowman. I think I found an apartment though. There's not much to choose from right now. They say the vacancy rate is about 1%. I haven't been able to see the palce yet but there were quite a few pictures of the actual unit online. They're faxing me the lease agreement tomorrow and I will make arrangements to get the deposit to them. The apartment is near the Chinook Mall so it's close to the CTrain and major roads. From the pictures, the building looks well maintained. I'm going to try to arrange to meet at the apartment to deliver the deposit so that I can at least see it before handing over the cash.
My life is slowly coming together. I'm making new friends. I'm getting my own place. I started a new job. The job is going really good. My trainer is from Scotland so I'm trying hard not to acquire his accent but don't be surprised if I tell you to bugger off. There's about ten people in my group and they all seem to get along great. So far the company seems really good too. Great benefits and a relxed atmosphere without a lot of red tape. The people in my group all seem to want to work together to get the job done and the company seems to provide all the tools we need to do it.
My head is spinning from all the information that's been coming at me the last several days. I'm definitely looking forward to the weekend. I can't remeber if I have plans or not though. I think I'm going to have to invest in a dayplanner.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Matt!
Glad to hear things are coming together for you these days. I hope your new job is going well and good luck with the apartment!

11/13/06, 12:14 PM  
Blogger Darin said...

WHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Welcome to the world of the 8-5 bloggers!!!

11/16/06, 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home