Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy Endings

How was everyone's Christmas? Mine was good. As I suspected, we've been to busy to discuss my sexuality and the moral ramifications thereof. (Can you tell I've been hanging out with my friend A? Our vocabulary tends to be slightly pedantic - I learned that word from Kalvin). I only have two more days. Tomorrow will be spent getting ready to have friends over for a games night and then Saturday my parents have a wedding to attend and I fly out around supper time and get back to Calgary by 11:00 so there really isn't much time available to have discussions.
I went with A tonight to see The Holiday. I liked it but I tend to like sappy, romantic, happy ending movies. Cameron Diaz's character was poorly written. I didn't find her convining at all. Jude Lay was yummy in all his accented goodness. I don't recall him being quite so hirsute. I was trying to decide during one of the post bedroom scenes whether I found it attractive or not and I couldn't make up my mind. I guess it depends on the guy and the phase of the moon. Who knows?
In other news, you may recall that I was recently asked to vacate my apartment to make room for condos. I was able to look at a place a few hours before catching my flight to come home for Christmas and I got it. It's smaller than I have now but it's also less expensive and I won't have as long a commute to work. When the weather is nice I can probably even walk to work. Now I'm going to have to repack everything along with all the new stuff I just got and set it all back up again in the new place. When I get back on Sunday I have to meet up with the new landlord to pay him the deposit. I also need to remember to pick up some groceries as well as party supplies for Reid and Joe's NYE party. Hope everyone's doing well. I can't wait to get back to Calgary.

2 Comments:

Blogger jetboy747 said...

What? What? What? You're out East? You so could have slipped a few lobsters in your carry-on for me.

Yuk. Sorry about the move.

Too bad I bought into this dinner fiasco, otherwise I could have met you tonight. Well, hopefully some time soon in the New Year.

Happy New Year Matt! Have fun tonight.

12/31/06, 1:10 PM  
Blogger MB said...

MIGHT be able to walk to work? From Sunnyside? Yes, I think you should!

That is one of the huge advantages of living in the core. Your walk to work will be 15 minutes, max. Makes it even more affordable!

I guess it's better this bullcrap with your current abode happened now rather than after you had bought all the furniture you needed and settled in already. I like the fact that your new place is within walking distance from our place too!

1/5/07, 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home